- Navigation Tips
- Feedback Please
A Good Hypothesis
- Essay writing is like the scientific process, designed to test hypotheses with experiments, not prove preconceptions.
- Research is the targeted search for evidence to test a hypothesis.
- “Analyze Data and Draw Conclusions” (not “Prove Hypothesis”) is the last step.
- USAID tested the theory that direct aid to the poor would improve childhood nutrition more than trying to engineer nutrition programs for them, on the theory that the poor know what to do; they simply lack the resources.
- Cows and Chips
- This post contains lecture material, demonstrations of the “Cows and Chips” technique in action, examples of advice I have given other student authors for enlivening their posts with livestock, and the details of a simple exercise.