1.”Crime Rate and Legal Definition.” U.S Legal, Retrieved 4 December 2018, https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/crime-rate/.
Background: It Provides a legal definition of “crime rate”.
How I used it: I used it to establish the meaning of “crime rate” in my paper. So my readers will be on the same page as me when I refer to crime rate.
2. Cohen N., and Iati M. (2018). “Homicides dropped by 7 percent in 2017. Here’s how many each county had.” NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, https://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2018/01/2017_homicides_shell_do_not_post.html. Retrieved 2 December 2018.
Background: The violent crime statistics in New Jersey is on a decline, with several county deaths on an all-time low.
How I used it: I added all the number of murders recorded from each county and presented it to
3.”Computational Formula”. State of California Department of Justice, Retrieved 17 October 2018. https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/cjsc/prof10/formulas.pdf.
Background: It provides the formula for calculating the crime rate in the United States.
How I used it: I used this to provide my readers with a method of calculating the crime rate of a town.
4.crime. (n.d.) A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier.. (1856). Retrieved 4 December 2018, from https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/crime
Background: This provides us with the legal definition of a crime.
How I used it: I used the definition provided to establish a base understanding of crime in my paper.
5.” FBI Releases 2017 Crime Statistics.” U.S Department of Justice. Retrieved 2 December 2018. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-1
Background: This gives us the nation’s crime stats and its standings from 2017
How I used it: I used the stats provided in comparison to the stats those of Glassboro’ and New Jersey.
6.” Glassboro, NJ Crime Rates.” Neighborhood Scout, Retrieved 5 December 2018. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nj/glassboro/crime.
Background: It provided information on Glassboro’s demographics, crime rates, and crime index.
How I used it: I used the information to carefully describe Glassboro, and establish its crime index for my users so they are aware where Glassboro lies in rankings.
7. “Old Bridge, NJ Crime Rates.” Neighborhood Scout, Retrieved 5 December 2018. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nj/old-bridge/crime
Background: It provided information on Old Bridge’s demographics, crime rates, and crime index.
How I used it: I used the information to carefully describe Old Bridge, and establish its crime index for my users so they are aware where Glassboro lies in rankings.
8.”Property Crime.” Wikipedia. Retrieved 2 December 2018. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_crime.
Background: It provides a definition of property crime.
How I used it: I used it to establish the difference in the type of crimes there is, and define what property crimes are.
9. “Violent Crime.” Wikipedia. Retrieved 2 December 2018. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_crime.
10. “What is the Crime Index?”. Neighborhood Scout, Retrieved 17 October 2018. https://help.neighborhoodscout.com/support/solutions/articles/25000001997-what-is-the-crime-index-.
Background: It defines and shows the use of crime indexes.
How I used it: I used it to establish a base definition for what crime index means in my paper.
11. “2018 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, Rowan Campus Security.” Retrieved 5 December 2018, https://sites.rowan.edu/publicsafety/_docs/annual_security_report.pdf
Background: It provides detailed statistics of incidents at Rowan University 3 years back.
How I used it: I used this to present the recorded number of crimes Rowan has from the year 2017, that is currently in Glassboro’s crime log.