Brannan Vines has never been to war.
- This is a definition claim
- Brannan Vines’ name in itself is a definition claim, it states who we are talking about
- The word “never” lets us know that Brannan Vines did not go to war has not been to war. She has not participated in the act of war.
- “Been” means that Brannan was there at war or during war.
- “War” is a state of armed conflict between different nations, states, or groups within said states.
But she’s got a warrior’s skills: hyperawareness, hypervigilance, adrenaline-sharp quick-scanning for danger, for triggers.
- Another definition claim
- Brannan Vines apparently has the ability of an experienced soldier or fighter.
- She never went to war though
- “hyperawareness” means that a person is extremely sensitive to stimuli
- “Hypervigilance” is the state of being highly or abnormally alert to potential danger or threat
- How does she supposedly have all these abilities if she never went to war?
Skills on the battlefield, crazy-person behavior in a drug store, where she was recently standing behind a sweet old lady counting out change when she suddenly became so furious her ears literally started ringing.
- Brannan does not have any true experience on a battle field.
- This is a false claims for effect
- I’m not exactly sure what kind of stereotypical image I should for “crazy-person behavior in a drug store”
- How do crazy people act in the drug store?
- “Sweet old lady” creates like an instant emotional connection to your own grandmother. To make the scenario of Brannan’s freak out extra exaggerated
- Brannan’s ears “literally started ringing” these people are trying to claim that Brannan’s ears started ringing like an actual bell or phone or something.
All definitions came from https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypervigilance